2017/18 Volunteer Opportunities:
Sewing Committee - Periodic hemming and light sewing of concert apparel.
Toyota Amphitheater Concessions (Concert Dates from May - October) - We need about 15 workers per concert. Great opportunity for individual fundraising and fun!
Coordinators - We need individuals to organize each of these areas!
- Publicity (All Year) - Contact local media to publicize our events.
- Funnel Cake Coordinator (Seasonal) - Organize preparation and sales of funnel cakes at games.
- Snack Bar Coordinator (Seasonal) - Organize and coordinate staffing of snack bar at games.
- Swing Dance Coordinator (Seasonal) - Coordinate decorations, dance instructors, food, & set up for our December dance.
- Costuming Coordinator (All Year, as needed) - Size students into concert/marching attire. Assist with clothing orders and inventory maintenance.
- Volunteer Coordinator (All Year) - Contact parents to encourage participation so that all volunteer positions are filled.
- Slide Show Creator (All Year) - Gather photos from students & parents througout the year from all events to create a slide show for our awards ceremony June 2nd.
South County Jazz Night (January 19) Help with our NU/Bear River jazz collaboration.
Winter Winds (January 25) Help with our Winter band concert.
Folsom Jazz Festival (January 27) Carpool to Folsom HS for this fun event! We also need one parent to tow our equipment trailer.
Love the Arts (February 9) Volunteer with our Valentine themed Arts Department Showcase.
Fantasy of Stars (March 2-3) Huge Show. Starlite, Jazz Unlimited, and guests: Magnolia Starmakers, Rio Linda NYN, and Enterprise Starship & TBA. Sign up now to host Enterprise students and more!
Santa Cruz Jazz Festival. March 16-17. Over night. Carpools for Jazz Band and Jazz Choir. You must have a chaperone contract on file and be cleared through the ASB office to drive students (both are easy).
Golden Empire Music Festival. April 7 (Choir & Band). Travelling to perform before adjudicators in El Dorado Hills.
Music in the Parks. April 13-14. All groups will perform at an adjudicated festival and then enjoy Great America park.
Bruins of Note. June 1. Our final band show of the year!
Music Department Awards BBQ. June 2. Family Swim Party, Awards, and Slide Show. One important roll to sign up for is the creation of our slide show.
Starlite Ultra-Marathon Retreat (August 4-6) - We need chaperones/drivers for this great retreat camp. If you have a student in Starlite choir or band, please consider helping! Spending a couple days on a mountain top is not a horrible thing (even with teenagers).
Roamin Angels Dinner Service Project (September 8) Parents & Students - We need 18 Band and Choir students to serve dinner and bus tables at the Roamin Angels car show in the Fairgrounds. We need about 5 parents with chaperone and driver forms on record to car pool.
Pep Band Supervision (Football Games) (Dates from August - November) - We need 2 parents to do some light work and watch over the instruments/band area during the 3rd quarter break.
Funnel Cake Booth (Football Games) (Dates from August - November) - We need about 7 workers per game. Fun and tasty!
JU Performance at Roamin Angels Car Show (September 9) We need approved carpool drivers to drive 15 students for a short morning performance at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. Leaving BRHS at 8AM, back by 10:30AM
Constitution Day Parade (September 10) Nevada City. This is a local parade that Symphonic Band marches in. This is a very light parade, but we need a few parents to pull a water wagon and generally be there for kids if needed.